Discover the best kept secret on the web!
If you are blogging with the goal of selling advertising, there are two basic ways that you can go about recruiting sponsors who want to put ads on your site…
You can let someone else do all of the legwork, or you can do the work yourself and keep all of the revenue. Within the first group, many people make money blogging by selling space through Google’s AdSense program.
The advantages of this program are numerous, as it requires very little effort on the part of the blogger or webmaster to begin raking in profits. However, most people discover that they make less money through this method than they had hoped that their blog would earn.
Selling advertising directly to companies who want to put banner ads or sponsored links on your blog can take quite a bit of time, but it is often fairly lucrative. If you have a lot of contacts in industries that are related to the topic of your blog, you may want to try to go this route.
People who have a strong background in sales and are experienced at pitching proposals can make quite a bit
of money by renting blog space to interested companies. The most serious problem with this model is that you often have to build quite a sizable readership before you can attract advertisers, which can mean that you have to do several months of work before you start to make money blogging.
As blogging becomes a more and more lucrative business, a lot of established companies are considering how they can get into the action. One way that companies are capitalizing on the blog movement is by
having blogs that provide a kind of friendly face for their corporation.
Often, a company will employ an established blogger to create a weblog designed specifically to appeal to that company’s customers and
to create positive associations with the brand in consumers’ minds. More than one writer who never even dreamed that he or she could make money blogging has been approached by a company and offered quite a pretty penny for this kind of gig.
Three Valuable Blogging Tips to Get YOU STARTED Making Money Blogging:
1. Valuable Content
One of the reasons why blogs tend to rank better in Search Engine results then other sites is content provided in timely manner and on topic. When you begin to deliver content that provides solutions, answers questions or what perhaps is most importantly – delivers to people who use Google to search answers they need – you will be rewarded by free flow of traffic.
2. Multiple Sources Of Traffic
As a blogger you have access to really unlimited sources of traffic or interested visitors to your blog and while many make mistake of concentrating on one or two – you need to expand your horizon and really ensure that if one source all of a sudden stops delivering – it will not become a death blow to your efforts!
- SEO and Link Building – whichever means you use for it should always be a part of your effort. As I mention in step 1 – it provides you with best kind of traffic – free and growing if you play your cards right!
- Social Marketing – this includes participation on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook and also taking full advantage of the social bookmarking services. Results might surprise you if you are not using them now!
- Article Marketing – is one of the simplest ways to build incoming links and also get visitors from other sites and should be a third big part of your traffic driving efforts!
- Forum Marketing – go where your custoemrs are at and you can’t make mistake! Many popular forum board now give you ability to add your RSS feed to help you market your blog, so be sure to edit your profile and provide all details you can to get more visitors.
- Blog Commenting and Guest Posting – a great way for you to build recognition and pull some traffic from other sites and redirect them to your own content, with complete permission from other person! Love the blogosphere!
While there are many more ways to get interested visitors to your blog, those listed above tend to produce most results in my experience. And now that you got the people to your site… What Do You Want Them To Do?
3. Make Relevant Offers
As simple as it sounds I’m finding time and time again that when I talk to bloggers they don’t have a clear understanding on what is it exactly they want their visitors to do? What is ONE SINGLE ACTION they want them to take?
And yet, this is the most important aspect of monetizing your blog – ask for sale! You don’t have to scream about it but simply present the offer in location that most often gets clicks and you got yourself a monetization in place! And don’t overload you blog!
Always use a common sense approach – how would you feel if you visited your own blog? Do you have too many offers? Be smart and Make Offers Where It Counts to get more sales!